The pages that are the most damaging can sometimes be a fake review or even sabotage from a competitor. For example – you might see a review from someone who isn’t actually a patient.
It could be:
- Someone who left a review for the wrong practice.
- An angry former employee.
- A competitor who is playing dirty.
Investigate to see if you’re dealing with a fake reviewer. Here are a few signs to look out for.
- Repetitive language
- High number of reviews in short time span
- Reviews posted in completely different areas
If you believe you are dealing with a fake review, be sure to report it. Most major review sites have a process to dispute a review.
Remember that the moderation process might not happen quickly.
There is something you can do though, when you leave a response that tells your side of the story people reading your reviews aren’t misled. No matter how untrue or triggering the review is for you, remember to stay polite – you are still representing your business.